Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scheduling

Our schedule is in flux again. My work schedule shifted to 3 longer days instead of 4 shorter ones, so we're trying to make the adjustment. Trying to rearrange my household duties around this new schedule has been challenging! At the same time my husband started a new contract and is temporarily working 6 days per week so he is not around as much to do his usual tasks.

I'm trying to get some of my old habits going again and I spent the last week working on my morning routine. My boys get up between 6:30 and 7:00 each morning and I've been trying to get back into the routine of starting a load of laundry and emptying the dishwasher while the boys are eating breakfast. I've been doing pretty well with it this week, so I'm going to try to add another one- I want to get up at 6:00 a.m. so I can get my shower and breakfast before they get up. It will make my morning go a bit more smoothly. I got a new one-cup coffee maker for my birthday last week, so I'm going to be setting that in the mornings- that will encourage me to get out of bed if I know a great cup of hot coffee is waiting for me.

The next step after this is to get back into weekly routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...