Sunday, August 16, 2009

Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-small



 

Outside my window...

Crickets and quiet. It's late and everyone is asleep but me.

I am thinking...

about Stephanie and her strength and resilience, her spirit, her sense of humor- everything that I know of her is so very wonderful, down to her frail humanity. If you have not read her story before, it is a difficult tale. I had just found her blog last year in late July and loved her portraits of life and her joy in motherhood and marriage. It was only a few weeks later that there was an update that Stephanie and her husband had been in a terrible plane crash but had both survived. Now it is a year later and their lives are so very different than before but the focus is still there- faith, their children, their love for each other . . .

 

I am thankful for...

My husband. I don't say this enough- I don't even know if I can. This was such a great weekend with him and I'm already preparing myself for the loneliness that will come in the next few weeks as he starts his last and hardest year of school. Only 9 more months.
In our learning ...

Ezra is fast learning the names for colors and Ender is working diligently to write his name. I think he'd write it again and again until he gets it "right" - his word, not mine. The perfectionist streak in that child may be wider than mine.
From the Kitchen...

I need to find a way to use about a gazillion jalapeno peppers in the next 2 days. I already gave away as many as people would take and STILL I have a big old bowl. It all came off of one plant, so I didn't over plant, but really- how many jalepenos can you reasonably use?

I am wearing...

My favorite jersey jammies. I'll be glad to be back in my own bed tonight after being gone all weekend.

 

I am creating...

a new shirt, finishing some socks, and I'm working on "letter D" for our letter of the week plans.

 

I am reading...

Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey, Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and In the Spirit of the Studio, edited by Lella Gandini.

 

I am hoping and praying...


for the families who have lost their loved ones these past days, particularly the Snow family and the Barrett family. My thoughts are also with the Reed's family over the next few weeks as the prepare for the anniversary of his passing.

 

Around the House...

There is much to be done since this is my off week before the school year begins. We have a few day trips planned so those days the house will be quiet and stay clean, and on the other days we're doing a pre-fall clean- pulling out fall clothes to see what still needs to be purchased or made before cool weather comes, checking on tennis shoe sizes, cleaning out closets, and carpet cleaning.

One of my favorite things...

My sleeping boys, paritcularly after they've had a good day full of time outdoors, rosy cheeks and time with extended family.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

a trip to the library, two day trips, the letter B, sewing, and helping Superman adjust to his much heavier school schedule. In and amongst the cleaning of course.

For other daybook entries, visit The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...