Friday, January 1, 2010

7 Quick Takes


Want more Quick Takes? Go visit Jen.


 


~1~


I'm working on goals for next year, and I'll post them on Monday. Want to join me? Write your own goals for 2010 and be sure to come back on Monday to share them with us!

 


~2~


After reading quite a lot in the last month I am feeling pretty comfortable with our Kindergarten plans for next fall. I think Superman and I have reached a compromise on materials, budget and level of "Schoolishness" that will make us both happy and most of all includes things that I think Ender will love. I also have some new work to introduce to Ender in January to help accomplish some of the things he's been asking to work on lately.

 


~3~


I received my amazon order on Wednesday- in it: The New Way Things Work for Ender along with a beginner's atlas, a tracing book for Ezra, a few chapter books to read with Ender, and for me: Knitting Without Tears, The Knitter's Almanac, and the Three R's. I'll be busy reading over the weekend!

 


~4~


I'm trying to figure out the best way to stay warm in a skirt this winter. I'm an absolute chicken about being too cold, but I do want to wear skirts during the winter. Suggestions? Thoughts? I'm thinking corduroy, or some kind of special slip- I've heard tales about using flannel-backed satin to keep a bit warmer. I do need a better jean skirt too- that's definitely on the sewing list for January.

 


~5~


Ezra has decided to be a dragon for the past few days. He asks what kind of dragon he should be and our job is to answer "scary" or "nice" so that he can roar in just the right way. He has such an imagination already! Ender didn't really develop that kind of thinking until after he turned 3- he's always approached the world in a very thoughtful fact-based way (even at 2 1/2), and to have a brother to imagine with has really helped him to branch out a bit and use the facts he knows in a playful way. It never ceases to amaze me how two brothers raised in the same house by the same parents can be so very different.

~6~


Last night we had family over for a New Year's Eve game night filled with  Balderdash, Trivial Pursuit, Settlers of Catan, Canasta, and Pit. Ender and Ezra made it until 9:30 before Ender actually asked to go to bed. Tonight will be another late night, as Ender and I are going to the rehearsal for my sister K.'s wedding!

~7~


Today my jobs are to clean up after last night's party and to find a pair of shoes for tomorrow's wedding. I've looked a few times this week and can't find anything that isn't REALLY expensive. I just need them for one day- I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...