Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gray Daybook



Outside my window…

It is gray and cool again today. It rained much of yesterday and it looks like it's going to spit on and off again today.
I am thinking…

about mini-units for Kindergarten. I'm making plans for an About Me unit (learning our address, phone number, city, and other things about our family), and compiling some book lists for science topics Ender has mentioned lately.
I am thankful for…

Quiet evenings. Since we've been able to get outside more readily my boys have been falling asleep quickly and easily at night, making for the quiet evenings I'm needing lately.
Always Learning…

Ender has been reading a lot of easy readers lately and getting the hang of recognizing sight words a little more quickly. He's also been really involved with helping me plan for the garden this year.

Ezra has been lining everything up lately. I mean EVERYTHING- toys, shoes, pillows . . . he started categorizing some things too- stacking little books together, big books together, etc.
From the kitchen…

Not a lot lately, to be honest. I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the schedule for this quarter, but I'm hoping to catch up over the weekend. We have plans to make bagels and prep a few meals for later in the week.


I am wearing…

Jeans, a black long sleeve t-shirt and my blue Shalom cardigan.
I am creating…

Lots of booklists.

The first sleeve of my February Lady Sweater. (!!!)

Easter surprises for the boys.


I am going

to make it through the next three weeks. That's when the annual recital for the studio is- and I have 55 individual performances. Between now and then there are the programs to design and have printed, reception details to finalize, hands to hold, nerves to calm . . . It all gets done somehow every year. Every year it comes together in time. And every year I still stress the same way!
I am reading…

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan and looking through a GIANTstack of knitting books from the library.
I am hoping…

To get my Easter ideas for the boys to come to fruition- I'm trying to find as much spare knitting time as I can!


I am hearing…

Episodes of The Guild. Again with the geekiness.
Around the house…

We are still in spring cleaning mode a little bit each day so that by the time we  can have the house opened up full time everything will be clean.
One of my favorite things…

Green apple shampoo. It's the best smell to me first thing in the morning!


A few plans for the rest of the week . . .

A bit of work on the recital, hopefully finishing knitting one Easter gift, and making a much needed run to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...