Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy May Daybook

Outside my window…

It's still dark and wet from the huge storms we had all weekend. Our front yard looks like swampland.



I am thinking…

about how wonderfully light our summer schedule will be!



I am thankful for…

Quiet time in the morning. Me, coffee, and writing. What a lovely way to start the day!



Always Learning…

We're re-organizing shelves and supplies this week. We're still between projects (I think this may be our longest "between" stretch all year) so we're mostly just reading through the most recent assortment of library books.



From the kitchen…

Back into some healthier habits for me and Brian. During school this semester we were having a hard time with meals since he was hardly home for any! Between the two of us we were able to pack some of the meals, but since he doesn't have access to any way to heat his food at work, it kind of limited his options. We're getting back to healthier habits now that he won't be in school during the dinner hour any more!



I am wearing…

jeans, a brown sweater, and a pony tail. Plain and ordinay today, but comfy for the rainy day.



I am creating…

another little baby sweater, this time for the nephew due to arrive in August.

  

I am going

to get to bed early this week. I need the extra sleep lately.



I am reading…

The Graceling by Kristin Cashore, and also Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye. The first is a little slow so far, and the second is amazingly descriptive. I have laughed out loud a few times because I can see so precisely in my mind what the author is writing about.



I am hoping…

for a bit drier weather before the strawberries drown!



I am hearing…

the quiet of the morning. No music, no television-- more on that tomorrow.



Around the house…

I'm enjoying the fruits of the re-organized house! There are only a few things left before it is completely done- our coat closet, and my work desk. Both are a little scary.



One of my favorite things…

Hot chocolate on a rainy morning..



A few plans for the rest of the week . . .

a trip to the library, establishing a new morning routine with the boys, and planning a new quiet place in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...