Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas Daybook

Outside my window... It has been cold and gray for several days now. Maybe snow this weekend? We'll see...


I am listening to... Manheim Steamroller. It makes working around the house a more exciting venture!

I am wearing... Jeans, a long sleeve tee-shirt and cardigan, and knee socks. This type of outfit is fast becoming my "uniform" now that it's so cold.


I am thankful for...

Quiet mornings

laundry done early

an unexpected free hour to read, write, knit, whatever...

my sisters


I am thinking... about knitting. My brain is stuck on the Christmas projects yet undone, and I'm trying not to stress. I have plenty of time for what needs done, but I'm sure something will go wrong....


I am reading... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, more Elizabeth Zimmermann, and continuing our family read-aloud of Treasure Island.


I am creating... Christmas gifts in the evening hours, lesson plans in the early morning.


Always learning... We're taking care of basics each morning in about 30 minutes then spending the rest of our time on great Christmas books, making cookies, making art, and being all around relaxed.


Around the house... I'm in "maintainance mode" until Christmas break in the studio. Once Christmas break is here though I'm finishing up the closet revamps we started on Thanksgiving break.

I am planning... for next semester. and I'm resisting the temptation to start working on first grade stuff. At least until February or so.


Towards a growing faith... Brian and I are continuing our reading in the New Testament, almost done with Matthew. My own reading has been in Colossians this week.


I am praying... for a new nephew arriving in late April/ early May.

One of my favorite things... hot chocolate. Mmmmm....


A few plans for the next week... Finishing up this semester in the music studio, marking the days with the Jesse Tree, singing together and celebrating early with extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...