Friday, July 12, 2013

This Week

After a relatively quiet week activity wise, the boys told me they're "almost ready for school again"... emphasis on almost. We're keeping things pretty quiet for another week or two, then 1 week of day camp before we start back to school in early August.


On the Needles...

I'm still working on Ellie's cardigan, and I did cast on for Kernel- though it won't get very much attention until after Tour de Fleece. 



I read...

I started Ready Player One just the other day, but reading is slow right now until I get the Tour is over since I can't read while I spin. The boys are really reading a lot right now- to the point they are making specific requests from the library and we have had to make a few extra trips to the library in addition to our usual library trips. To be honest, I wasn't sure a day would ever come that I would have to tell one of my boys to "stop reading and go play oustide for awhile" but it happened this summer.


Just Keep Spinning…

I made 2 plying balls last night and I'm spinning the last portion of fiber. I'm so close to being able to start plying!


Learning all the time…

I ordered the remainder of our books for this year last night, next week I'll be able to set the rest of our plans up, and we'll be ready to start our year in August! I'm excited, particularly about several of our science selections. 


Garden...

We have some little tomatoes and jalapenos started on the plants, but nothing to pick quite yet. My mom has had a handful of cherry tomatoes in the last few days, so I know we're getting close too!


In Stitches...

I'm in for next week's edition of Kid's Clothes Week- are you? They have a pretty new site this time and it is lovely to navigate for inspiration! You create an account, sign up for the challenge and set up your sewing line up for the week. This challenge is running at the same time as Tour de Fleece obviously, so I'm petty sure knitting is going out the window for 1 week. How I would love a time-stretcher to give me an hour or two more in the day!


This weekend...

The boys of the family are heading out on a manly camping trip and us girls are staying in for a fiber/fabric weekend. Well, I am. I'm sure Ellie will be playing with baby dolls and trying to steal my fiber and eating all the snacks she can get her hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...