Friday, February 7, 2014

Ravellenic Games- GO!



Today is the first day of the Ravellenic Games! We are going to be watching the opening ceremony later this morning and I'm ready to cast on. I am knitting Wee Wildflower by Alana Dakos, and the Wildflower Cardigan by Alana Dakos...


I decided to start with the Wee Wildflower for my daughter (knitting size 2) and then move on to the adult version (knitting the 36 1/4), with the exception of the sleeves. Sleeves tend to really hold me back on a project, so I'm doing those first. I also mentally decided that I will have reached success if I just get all the knitting done- if I don't quite make the seaming THAT'S OKAY. This is already a big boat of crazy.


Except that I know me.


And it won't really count in my head if I don't end up with two wearable sweaters by the end of this.


I tried out one of the stitches in the pattern last night to make sure I understood it- it took me a few tries, but I think I have the hang of it now.


Because of the snow days this week I *do* have to work this afternoon, but I'm going to try to sneak in some stitches between students.

Happy Ravellenic Knitting, and go Team Sasquatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...