Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Meanderings

All I can say this afternoon is how thankful I am for my mom. I woke up very sick in the middle of the night, and my mom came at 7 a.m. to pick up my boys and let me rest. I'm feeling somewhat better now after sleeping much of the morning, but still queasy and tired. Hopefully better soon.

Monday Meanderings



1. Bible: I'm continuing my study through John Piper's When I Don't Desire God. With my 2-year-old we are working on praying before meals and bed- how to sit still, and keep focused for that short amount of time. Daddy has been teaching him about things that we say while we pray, right now focusing on thankfulness. Our memory verse for the next 2 weeks is Jeremiah 10:12- "But God made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and stretched out the heavens by His understanding."

2. Organizing: This week I'm trying to sort through summer and winter clothes for everyone. We have limited closet/dresser space around here, so seasonal things get boxed up in big plastic totes. I'm also going through all of my and my husband's things to see what can be donated.

3. Education: We were going to start our ocean unit today, but with me being sick it will wait until tomorrow. We have several activities planned, so we'll see how it goes and what he thinks. He's going to be 3 soon and he needs to be busier than he is right now, so we're going with a bit of a unit study.

4. Projects: I have 2 sewing projects I'd like to at least start- shorts for my 2 year old, and an apron for myself. I want to at least get pieces cut by Friday.

5. Must Do: I need to get the leftover boxes out of the living room and upstairs hall, get the boys in for pictures, and get the baby in for his well-child visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...