Thursday, September 4, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 1

Trying to figure out how to post the little Daybook banner still, but hopefully will figure it out when I have a little more time later....

Any way, this is the Simple Woman's Daybook! Please stop by Peggy's for other Daybook links!

For Today...still raining and glooming as the rain from Hurricane Gustav is still moving through.

Outside my Window...

I am thinking...How glad I am to have time to write a bit this morning!

From the learning rooms... letter L this week! We are drawing lots of straight lines, and Big Kid thinks it's quite funny to draw circles around his straight line because they are "opposite"!

I am thankful for... the fact that daily housework is all caught up around here!

From the kitchen... Blueberry muffins today!

I am wearing...A nice black button-up shirt, jeans, and my warmest socks- all this rain is keeping me from warming up!

I am reading... The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Greggory

I am hoping...to finish organizing the new order of piano music down in the studio sometime this weekend!

I am creating... baby blankets! I finished 2 quilt tops the other day, now need to back them and bind them, and I'm working on knitting a third blanket. It's not going well, and I think I'm going to need to rip it out and try again. I'm still learning this knitting thing!

I am hearing... Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Hee-hee!

Around the house... Most everything is picked up at this very second! I don't get to say that often. I have some deeper cleaning to do on Saturday though. The boys have been busy in Big Kid's room and I have to check frequently since they are so quiet! Quiet boys often leads to troublemaking, but this time they are just intent on building with lincoln logs and blocks.

One of my favorite things... is writing in my paper journal. There is something about a real pen scratching across real paper that I can never fully get away from...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Heading to the library, piano lessons on Saturday, a grocery run, lesson planning for the studio, and a rare child-free date night with my husband!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... I have an excellent picture of the boys at their block table, but I'm having the worst time posting pictures! Hopefully I can get it sorted out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...