Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 2



This is the Simple Woman’s Daybook for Monday September 8.

 Please stop by Peggy’s for other Daybook links!

Outside my Window… I can hear the wind blowing as we prepare for more rain and more flooding in our area.

I am thinking…How tired I am after this long day.

From the learning rooms… letter T this week. Big Kid is stuck on the "TR" sound he doesn't think train and tree and tiger go together because they all start with T... he thinks that only train and tree go together because they both start with TR. Big Kid is starting to do a little bit of addition with daddy since he was already figuring it out on his own.

I am thankful for… the mother of one of my piano students today... she asked if we were all healthy yet when they came for lessons, and I told her about our terrible weekend of congestion and fevers. When I came out of the studios after her children's lessons she had cleaned my entire kitchen for me. Such a blessing!

From the kitchen… We made bagels for the first time this morning! They turned out very well, so I'm going to add them to the breakfast food baking schedule. :)

I am wearing… My pajamas- it has been a long day and I'm in bed with the laptop waiting for Superman to finish up with his studying!

I am reading… The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Greggory and Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard.

I am hoping…to get the boys winter clothes out and to pack up the clothes they've outgrown sometime this week.

I am creating… still baby blankets! I still need to bind and tie the two baby quilts and I'm trying to decide if I should just scrap the knitted one.

I am hearing… The Transformers Movie in the background.

Around the house… Everything is quiet. I caught up on laundry all day today between taking care of the boys and teaching students, and I got all of the sheets changed. The house is not in its best shape at the moment- with all the illness we've had in the last week I've spent all my time mothering/wife-ing for the sick husband and kids, which is how it should be... I just have to catch up now!

One of my favorite things… is making time to read. I've had that realization in the last few days. If I can read a fiction book even for just 5 or 10 minutes at night it helps to renew me for the next day.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… Heading to the library, piano lessons on Saturday, studio paperwork, and some free time to myself on 2 weeknights after the boys are in bed while Superman takes finals for 2 classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...