Monday, December 22, 2008

Beyond Homemaking Daybook 5

Weather: This has been a bitter December! It's so cold out that your skin seems to freeze instantly, not to mention your eyeballs, lips, nose . . .

 

This Week: I'm working most of today, we're spending Christmas Eve with my inlaws, and Christmas morning is just the four of us. Christmas afternoon will be spent with my family. The rest of the week we're just at home catching up on things and hanging out together.

 

Current Fiction Read: Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. I'm about 1/3 of the way through- I've been heading to bed early instead of reading at night this week.  

 

Current Non-Fiction Read: Real Learning by Elizabeth Foss.

 



Craftiness: The kangaroo for Little Bit just isn't going to happen. I've run into a major snafu and I don't think I'll finish it in time. But I picked up a board book for him the other day that I'll add to his presents in place of the kangaroo. Maybe it will be a happy new year present. :)

 

Learning at home: I'm working on a short bone unit for Big Kid since he's very interested in bones ever since our conversation a few days ago. He had a look at some xrays my mom has and was really fascinated with them. As far as their actual work this week, all their usual materials will be available to them, but I think we'll be so busy with cooking and presents that those things will be the last thing on their minds.

 

New work: I finished collecting the spooning and pouring works to introduce over the weekend, so we'll be starting those. Also Big Kid received his moveable alphabet on Saturday and that was the first thing he asked to do on Sunday morning. I'm sure that will be his main work for the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...