Monday, January 5, 2009

Beyond Homemaking Daybook







Weather: Cold again. I can't get used to the weather here and I've lived here for over 10 years now. On Saturday it was 66 F in the afternoon- we took the boys to the park sans jackets. We went home, had dinner a bit early and went out to do our shopping and when we came home around 7 it was 39 F!

 

This Week: Back to work for me. I'm back to a full teaching schedule this week, plus 1 new student and an interview with another potential addition to the studio. This will be a difficult week since I've been off work for two weeks and the boys have gotten used to that schedule. Superman starts his Winter term at college on Tuesday evening, so it's back to the grindstone for him as well.

 

Current Fiction Read: Still Kushiel’s Chosen by Jacqueline Carey. I'm making progress, I promise! 



Current Non-Fiction Read: Still Real Learning by Elizabeth Foss. I'm really studying this book and taking my time with it. I find myself nodding along and agreeing every step of the way. It's almost exactly what I want to do with my boys.

 



Craftiness: Still working on Reed’s quilt top.

 

Learning at home:  I'll have some pictures to share with you of work that has gone well for us lately. I bought  My First Book of Mazes for Big Kid earlier this week and it's all he's asked to do for a few days now. Superman was really into puzzles and mazes when he was a kid so we were interested to see if Big Kid would be too. He definitely is!

 

New work: Nothing new for Big Kid this week. Little Bit has a new work with a salt shaker and toothpicks, and also work with spooning beans. I presented the salt shaker and toothpicks to him on Saturday and it kept him busy working at it for a solid 15 minutes. This child sits still for nothing, so I was impressed! I also presented spooning to him this weekend and it didn't last long before he started pouring them back and forth between the two little jars. Maybe I should do pouring first with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...