Thursday, February 12, 2009

Seven Quick Takes

7_quick_takes_sm 

 Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

 

~1~



We've been working on a lot of Valentine's Day related things around here- heart collages, chocolate-y treats, and heart shaped sandwiches are just the beginning! Today's project? Stained Glass Hearts.

 

~2~


I'm trying to figure out a good way to hang and store the boys' art work. I want to be able to hang it for a little while but still switch it out every few weeks for new work, so I don't think I want to go with framing. I do want something that will look nice though, not something that looks like we just pinned it up on a bulletin board or something. Any thoughts on this? As far as storage, right now I have a rubbermaid box that stores under my bed, one for each boy. Is there a better way to store their artwork?

 

~3~


I've been off most of this week. I gave 2 afternoons of makeup lessons and taught 2 large group classes, and it was a really nice break. We spent Wednesday in the kitchen, and today I plan to stay in the kitchen too. Can you believe I haven't baked any bread in a month? Big Kid loves to measure ingredients for me, and Little Bit is an excellent taste-tester, there just hasn't been much to measure or taste around here lately! I stocked up the pantry and the fridge on Wednesday in preparation for a big baking and cooking weekend. Mmmm...

 

~4~




I haven't sewn in a few weeks, but this post at Angry Chicken got me thinking in that direction again. Sew my own underwear? Make it fit however I please? Definitely intriguing.

 

~5~




I've been getting interested in embroidery lately. I know, I know- like I need another hobby, right? I can't help myself. Projects like this make me fall in love! I'm not even sure what exactly it is about those pillows that make me return again and again to the photos, but they are exciting to me.

 

~6~




Big Kid and I have been playing War a lot lately just with numbers 2-5.  It has helped him to better understand higher and lower numbers, and he loves it when our cards match and we get to have a war. The one difficult thing is that he's really disappointed if his card is lower than mine, so I suppose he's also having one of his first lessons on being a good sport, learning not to whine if his card is lower, but also not to gloat if his card is higher.

 

~7~




I had been doing really well with drinking water all week and keeping track of sugar and all that until Superman brought home a 12 pack of Coke. I've had 3 cans in the last 2 days. If it's in the house, I DRINK IT ALL! It's like it calls my name or something. I haven't even been drinking coffee in the morning! I asked him to take it in to work or something, or store it in his truck- anything to get it out of the house so I won't drink it all over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/10/displaying-kids-art.html

    this method of Jen's seems like a great idea, per your #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can check out what I do with the kids' art in my 7 Quick takes post. It might be too bulletin board-y for you, though.

    I have seen a lot of homes around blogland where there are blank frames on the wall, and mom putties artwork in temporarily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a family room/game room, you might consider hanging a cute "clothesline" across one wall at kid-height and painting some clothespins cute colors. Then you can easily hang up and take down artwork at the mood strikes. I think a Rubbermaid box is the way to go for artwork. I would go through the box every now and then and just keep the exemplary artwork. You could even do a "new" and a "keep-forever" box for each kid's art.
    I am with you about Coke. There's just something about Coke classic...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...