Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beyond Homemaking Daybook

Weather: This morning has been a rude awakening after being treated to 65 degree days for the last 2 days! We spent a lot of time at the park on Friday and Saturday- the perfect treatment for the overabundant energy my boys have.

This Week: I'm working a short schedule this week- hooray! I teach a group performance class this week that all students attend, so the only private lessons I have are those who need makeup lessons  due to illness. This is the busy season for Superman so he's grabbing as much overtime as he can right now around his school schedule. It will help to offset the slower weeks that come toward the end of the year. He's not home very much right now- we miss him!

Current Fiction Read: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, and Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey.



Current Non-Fiction Read: Bountiful Container by McGee and Stuckey.

Craftiness: Still dishcloths while I'm trying to figure out what to knit for a non-traditional baby shower gift.

Learning at home: We're focusing on Valentine's Day this week. Big Kid is going to be working on making and sending Valentines, plus we have a few Valentine crafts and treats to make.

New Work: No new Montessori work this week, though I've been thinking about adding a flower arranging work, drawing inspiration from My Montessori Journey.

In Other News . . . My brother called last night to tell us that he and his wife are expecting their first baby! I'm the oldest of nine; 6 of us are married, 1 is getting married in May, and I'm the only one with children so far. We're excited to have a cousin around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...