Monday, March 30, 2009

Ta Da!

I'm so glad to have a fully functional computer again! Expect about a million pictures between now and,well... FOREVER.

These quilt pictures are the pieced front and back. The borders and binding are not on in these pictures, and the quilt is currently in my quilting hoop for the actual quilting. I'll be posting final pictures when the quilting is done. You'll be able to see the quilting detail, the borders (which are the same blue-green that are around the center square) and the binding in those pictures.

I had a pattern in mind when I original cut strips down and when  I laid everything out for the pattern it just wasn't working. So I sat with the pieces awhile, obsessively rearranged things, sewed a little and ripped some out until it came together. I settled on keeping like colors together in each triangle then putting the different triangles together to make dark or light squares. I was trying to find just the right way to use Gardenbug's fabric, and this was the perfect display.

FRONT



INDIVIDUAL BLOCKS ON THE FRONT





THE CENTER SQUARE



The back was a different story- putting everyone's muslin blocks together made for an interesting jigsaw puzzle. You may notice that at the top of this panel the edge is not even- I promise it is now! Some blocks were sent in a slightly bigger or smaller size than others, so piecing this was interesting.

BACK PANEL



A FEW CLOSE UP SHOTS





And this is where I currently spend my evenings- quilting on the hoop.

6 comments:

  1. Erin, the quilt is so beautiful! Thank you again for doing this, it turned out wonderful :)

    Kristen (klmj)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't mind if a wipe away a few tears here I hope! You have touched us so much everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    I cried looking at this. It is so beautiful! Thanks for doing this on behalf of us all! I love how you surrounded each muslin square with the fabric that person sent. So cool!
    Chrissy (cwestbury1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW It is so beautiful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin this came out absolutely perfect thankyou so much for doing this((rubs tears from my eyes))

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...