Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pink Tower Work

I presented the pink tower to Ezra a few weeks ago and it is his favorite work right now. You'll notice from the pictures that he's only working with five of the blocks. I chose to leave out the  3 smallest blocks since he still puts small things in his mouth and I left out the 2 largest blocks until he has a little more control over carrying the blocks to and from the mat. He's doing a great job carrying the blocks back and forth.

Each day when he pulls out the pink tower to work I re-present the work by stacking it properly one time. I then take it apart and he practically starts rebuilding before I'm finished. He constructs the tower at first by picking up whatever block is closest to his hand, but quickly notices that it isn't stacking correctly.

Try to ignore the gigantic amount of static in his hair. He has looked that all winter long, no matter how much I try to get his hair to lay down.



Once he notices that the tower isn't going the way it is meant to be stacked, he usually knocks the whole thing over and tries again. In the last few days though he has been trying more careful and only removing the blocks that need to be changed. It's been fun to watch the progression in his thinking, but at the same time it has been hard not to help him along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin
    I loved reading some of your blog entries. This one caught my eye --- Ezra seems to be having great fun with the blocks. Where did you buy them from ?
    Also, Ezra looks so grown up. And your place is so very clean -- I need to definitely learn organizational tips from you

    --Sree

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got this particular set from adenamontessori.us though you can find them other montessori resources as well.


    You make me feel good with your "clean" comment- if you could see the other half of the living room in that picture you'd rescind your comment! We try to keep things picked up daily, but I wish we were cleaner around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin. It definitely looks interesting -- and I will check out the site you referenced.
    About the "clean" comment, I am positive your house is miles cleaner than mine. I feel so bad about it, but I also feel exhausted -- my DH (on a weekday) spends maybe 20 mins with my LO. The cooking, cleaning, running after LO leaves me exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...