Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Heard Around the House . . .

Ender, announced yesterday at 9:30 a.m. that it was lunch time, despite having eaten breakfast only an hour earlier. I told him we would have a snack in awhile but it wouldn't be lunch until later. He says, "but it is lunch time. Why else would I have this straw if it wasn't lunch time?" Why else, indeed.

 

***


 



A few nights ago I heard the usual "thump, thump, thump" that means Ender is hustling to the bathroom. He always calls for us if he needs help, but at least he's starting to get used to the idea that he's able to go on his own at night! Well, then I heard another thump, and more and then running back and forth in the tiny bathroom, so Superman went in to investigate. He came back in DYING laughing!

 

He found out that Ender had run out of toilet paper and when he got the new toilet paper he couldn't figure out how to put it on the roll. In all the fumbling around Ender had dropped the new roll into the toilet, fished it out and dropped it in the trashcan, and was using a bath towel to clean up the mess from the floor when Superman walked in. Awesome. At least he was cleaning up after himself!

 

***


 



Whenever Ezra is mad at me, he calls for everyone else to help him. "Daddeeee!" "Meeee-Meeee!" (Grandma) "Bop!" (Grandpa- we call him Pop, but Ezra calls him bop). Of course, I'm the only adult at home usually so no one else comes to his aid. He always looks so disappointed in them!

4 comments:

  1. Erin! I'm so happy to have "found" your blog again! I can't wait to dig in and see all the amazing things that you and the boys have been up to. I haven't been on pg.org in months and months but think of you often and hope you're doing well. Maddie and I have been busy exploring many Montessori (as well as non-Montessori ones) activities; aren't there some amazing blogs out there?!

    Anyway, I'm off to read your blog!! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I put the wrong link to Maddie's blog. Ha! I'm so used to calling her Maddie, but the blog is really under Madison. Anyway... I'm tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the things kids think and say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill! I was so glad to see your comment and catch up with you again- we've missed you on the boards! I'll add you to my Montessori sidebar on my next update. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...