Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Daybook

Outside my window… It is early, but the sun is here. It won't be long before the time change and my early mornings will be dark again.

 

I am thinking… about the growing amount of lists I've been posting here in the last few weeks! I suppose that is where my head is- planning, working through things, trying to be prepared for the next few weeks even if I can only take things one day at a time. I've been making holiday lists also, trying to get my head around what I want to make as gifts for Christmas and what I can actually and reasonably accomplish.

 

I am thankful for… my husband's skill with numbers. If it weren't for him an enormous error would have been made, NOT in the studio's favor!

 

Always Learning… We spent our morning yesterday talking about Apple trees after reading a book Ender picked up at the library. It led to drawing a picture of a seed and then a picture of the tree it grew into- I love when he self-directs like this.

We also made a few countdown chains- one til the end of the month and one until Ender's big "camping" weekend with his grandparents. He's so excited!

Ezra is drawing quite a bit- I actually plan to post a few of his specific drawings because they have a bit of shape to them now. It's so fun to watch his drawing develop, because even at 2 years old he most definitely has a process and a purpose.

The rest of our week involves being outside while we can be out without freezing our noses off, leaf collecting, and a few other leaf and tree related projects.

 

From the kitchen… Well, I'm armed with a slightly pared down budget (results of cuts at work for Superman, but hopefully work will pick up for him in a few weeks) and I'm trying to plan make-ahead meals. I'm going to test out a few recipes this week and see who eats what.

 

I am wearing… jeans and a black button-down shirt. Wow, I wear a lot of black! It's my attempt to match without thinking too hard about it. I mean, black goes with everything, right?

 

I am creating… a little bit of a directed lesson plan for fall. Some more "scheduled" activities mixed with the things the boys come up with sounds good to me!

 

I am going… to work for hard stops in my day for prayer. My timer is set for 4 stops. This is most definitely a need, and I can't push it back any longer.

 

I am reading… On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

 

I am hoping… for Superman to do well on his exams this week.

 

I am hearing… quiet. No music, no talking. Peace.

 

Around the house… I'm trying to finish the change over to cooler weather clothing and outerwear.

 

One of my favorite things… the weather lately. It's been the perfect amount of cool in the evenings, just the right amount of sun during the day to play outside without needing heavy jackets, and no need to have the heat on during the day.

 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  LOTS of time outside, finishing hats for the boys, casting on a pair of wristers for myself, and lots of leaf books to read.

 

Here is picture thought I am sharing…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...