Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quiet Continued

Yesterday was a little strange.


 


My boys waved me off every time I asked what they were doing, if they needed any help, or wanted anything for a snack.


 


This strange behavior started right after breakfast and went straight through until lunch when I finally had to insist they take a break for food.


 


What was so important? What took the complete energy and attention of a 2- and 4-year-old?


 



 


Making cozy little beds on the floor to read together, play with cars and be generally silly with one another.


 

I ate breakfast without getting up once to refill cups, drank hot chocolate through the morning without being begged for a sip, did laundry without little hands digging through the fresh towels, vacuumed and even sat for awhile to knit.


 



 


I didn't realize how much I love the interruptions- a boy asking to fold his own way, another promising that he only needs one more waffle to be really truly full. Ezra climbs into my lap multiple times a day for a cuddle and a tight squeeze around my neck, but not today. He was with his brother- his buddy.


 


I needed that little hint of a break today. I needed to continue the quiet that started over the weekend and the boys gave me that in this sweet surprise. But I will be glad when they ask me for help later today, climb into my lap with a kiss at the weirdest moments, and insist to do it "my way".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...