Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Knit

 I spent the weekend being quiet. 


 

Well, as quiet as it can be when two little boys are around.


 


We stayed home except for church Sunday morning, both boys played hard in the mornings and slept away the afternoons- NOT a common happening around here! I didn't work during this unscheduled free time- I pretended there was no stress and I knit.


 


I knit throughout the weekend; lots of stitches, lots of calm, lots of love.


 


Some inspiration from the weekend:


 


:: Sarah put together a list about short-circuiting the February blues that afflict so many homeschoolers. One of my posts is on the list! For more inspiration, have a look at Sarah's post. There is some really great stuff there.


 


:: I finished the Dr. Horrible Wristers (except for buttons!) and started the Stella Pixie hat (pdf file) Saturday night during a movie with Superman. I've been pleasantly surprised with how fast it is knitting up, especially with fingering weight yarn on size 3s. The hat is meant for my soon-to-arrive nephew. His due date is a scant 10 days off, though my sister says he's showing NO signs of being ready to come.


 


:: I read a great post at The Artful Parent about a new-to-us author named Carole Lexa Schaefer. The artwork is very different from other picture books and when I showed Ender the posted picture he immediately asked if we could "try them from the library". They're on order!


 


Now on to the week. If you need me I'll most likely be knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...