Monday, February 1, 2010

February Daybook

Outside my window…  

it LOOKS like spring, but it's so cold that walking outside sucks the breath out of you. Thank goodness spring is in the distance.
I am thinking… 

about knitting constantly these days. I've finished several things in the last few days (including the Stella Pixie hat seaming and a second Jayne hat) and I'm ready for a new cast on tonight. Most likely a hat for myself , but I also haven't knit socks in awhile so I'm thinking about that . . .
I am thankful for…

a family that prays. We wait and we pray, together and apart.
Always Learning…

books, books, and lots of books. We're still reading about winter and hibernation, but we also picked up some simpler books about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln for president's day. We are suspending most of our Montessori work this week for something very exciting- Ezra is switching to underwear full time!  He's been doing really well with staying dry 3-4 hours at a time, and in the last two weeks he's been waking up dry in the mornings most of the time. We're taking that as a sign that he is ready for this last step in potty learning.
From the kitchen…

LOTS of soup. It's the very best way to keep warm I think.
I am wearing…

Jeans, a black long-sleeved tee, and another t-shirt on top. Two pairs of socks. Layers are my friend these days.
I am creating…

aside from the knitting? Space. We re-arranged Ezra's room this weekend to accomodate a bigger dresser, and I'm continuing the toss 15 project in a big way, even though I finished with the 30 day scope of the project. It gives me a hint at control to keep our home a certain way while so many other things are uncertain. Again- we pray. And I clean a lot.
I am going…

to continue the attitude of quiet and order we've fallen into in the last two weeks. Everyone is more calm.
I am reading…

Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey and Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
I am hoping…

that Superman starts getting calls on some of the resumes he has been submitting.
I am hearing…

Casting Crowns. Loving them lately.
Around the house…

still organizing, but mostly just keeping up with the day. Potty learning has been a bit time consuming lately.
One of my favorite things…

Carmel Apple Spice from Starbucks. No caffeine, just lots of yumminess. And the fact that I received two Starbucks giftcards makes picking one of these up every few days far too easy.
A few plans for the rest of the week . . .

Trying to get back to an earlier bedtime (for Mama), waiting on our new little cousin to come any day now, and lots of knitting, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...