Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Graduation Daybook




Outside my window…

Bright sun. We'll probably get into the low 80s again today, which is lovely for the tomatoes we planted over the weekend.



I am thinking…

about all the details for Superman's graduation, the graduation party, and taking care of out-of-town guests coming in for the special event.



I am thankful for…

the end of these long two years with my husband back in school. The result has been so worth it, and it was the best time to do it, but I won't lie- it has been difficult. I described it the other day to a friend as feeling like we've been living with a ghost for much of this time. Between work and school Superman was only home a few nights a week and even when he was home he wasn't really available to us. Time as a family had to be carefully planned. I can't even describe how happy I am to know the simple fact that when he's home he's actually home.



Always Learning…

We’ve been planting things and taking care of the yard. On my to-do list is gathering a few garden titles for our latest learning basket.



From the kitchen…

Friday will be the big cooking day! We're having guests Friday night and the graduation on Saturday so my sister is coming over Friday morning to help me chop vegetables and cut fruit and get ready to barbecue Friday night.



I am wearing…

my cleaning clothes- track pants and an old t-shirt. This morning I'm finishing the last of the re-organizing and getting the lower level dust and dirt free.



I am creating…

Idea lists for future projects Ender might be interested in, and choosing what we will learn from the tour of continents in the fall. I'm also setting up a little schedule for Ezra who *desperately* wants to be part of school with us, so I'm setting up a new list of montessori work for him.

  

I am going

to make time or quiet this week. We are busy but not rushed, and having a bit of quiet of the end of the day really helps my introverted self keep recover from all the craziness.



I am reading…

I picked up a few YA award and Mark Twain Nominees at the library this week. I'm starting with Graceling by Kristin Cashore.



I am hoping…

for a great weekend celebrating Superman's accomplishment!



I am hearing…

Little boys building towers together. I love to listen in on their conversation when they think I'm not paying attention.



Around the house…

We've been working hard on the re-organizing/spring cleaning over the last few weeks, and I'm happy to say that there are only 2 areas left to go! The kitchen (which is in decent shape because I worked on it over Christmas break) and the laundry room/pantry (which is a scary place to visit right now). I'm trying to finish those areas before Friday.



One of my favorite things…

Quiet time to myself in the morning to pray and read before the boys get up.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . .

GRADUATION DAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...