Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August Daybook

Outside my window… It's dark except for the street lights. It's late and it's been a long day.

I am thinking… about making it through the next 4 weeks. Brian will be gone for most of it for work, and there is a lot to get done in his absence in preparation for the school year.

I am thankful for… very little working hours this month. With Daddy gone the boys will need extra mama love.

Always Learning… We spent last week in NYC and spent a whole day at the American Museum of Natural History. Ender didn't want to leave! Add in visits to the Statue of Liberty, the WTC site and learning to use the subway and you have a boy who thinks we should pick up and move to the big city permanently.

From the kitchen… We have plans for salsa this week, and an attempt at Peach fruit leather.

I am wearing… the comfy-est of pajamas- Brian's old coaching jersey and yoga pants.

I am creating… currently, mittens. 3 each for the boys, and then up on the urgent list is pajamas for the boys, a baby gift for a little one due in October, and work on Christmas gifts... and Ender's birthday is in there somewhere . . .

I am going… to make space for flexibility this month. Yes, we have things to do, but I want to be able to drop everything for sad little boys during Daddy's long absence.

I am reading… The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson, the Story of Dr. Dolittle by Hugh Lofting with the boys, and an assortment of knitting books (I'm diving back into Elizabeth Zimmermann)

I am hoping… that Skype makes his absence bearable.

I am hearing… my mind working overtime.

Around the house… I'm re-working the boys' rooms to try to make a little more space, and I'm doing another re-sort of the basement. Why don't boxes magically disappear when you need them to?

One of my favorite things… Cherry Limeades from Sonic. They put a Sonic in down the street from us and it is taking some serious will power to not hop in the car and go get one every. single. day.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm finishing up my summer work schedule this week and we have plans with family this weekend. Hopefully it keeps little bodies busy and little minds occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...