Thursday, August 26, 2010

Handmade Days

One of the very few advantages of having a husband that travels? LOTS of knitting time.

My neice's birthday party is on September 3, and I've had a February Baby Sweater almost finished for her since May. I pulled it out to finish up that second sleeve and I realized that if I finished that one and gave it to her it would probably only fit her until December, if that. So I made the most rational decision and cast on for a new one Friday night. By Tuesday I had this:



I can't say enough how much I love the February Baby Sweater. It's a quick knit that looks complicated but is really easy, and it always turns out well. This is my third time through the pattern, twice for the baby size and once for myself. Now I have the itch to knit myself another one...


I also made some good progress on my first shawl. I'm a few rows into the third section of the pattern. I'm really enjoying this knit.



Next up? I'm not sure. It really should be the Christmas scarf for my Mother-in-law or Ender's mittens, but I think I'm leaning toward Ender's requested sweater... we'll see.

2 comments:

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...