Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window... the late night noises that usually mean peace, but right now? Loneliness.

I am listening to... the Wicked soundtrack. We saw the musical on Broadway a few weeks ago and I have had the music in my head ever since.

I am wearing... A black tea-length skirt with white polka dots and a black peasant blouse. Bare feet to beat the heat, even at this time of night.

I am thankful for... a certain brother-in-law of mine who has found time in his busy schedule to come and wrestle with the boys when they're particularly missing Daddy.

I am thinking... about the work we have around the house in the next week before the fall schedule starts. The goal is to get a few key areas re-organized so they'll function a little better for us in the coming months.

I am reading... The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and another time through Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann.

I am creating... mittens (still in need of thumbs and lining), a baby sweater (an inch from the end of the body, then sleeves), and the shawl KAL (almost done with step 2, almost into step 3!). I'm in a finishing mood now, so I'll try to finish the mittens and and baby sweater this week, and maybe one of the socks in progress.

Always learning... We finished up learning about continents and oceans last week and this week we're starting to learn about the people and animals in Africa.

Around the house... the closets are all calling out for some attention again, so that is first up this week. After that? Well, I'd *really* like to get a new coat of paint on the studio walls, but we'll see if that happens or not.

I am planning... the next few math blocks. I love planning games for Ender.

I am hoping... for continued peace in the house while we wait for Daddy to come home to us.

One of my favorite things... after 2 weeks of my husband working out of state? Skype. It brings Daddy "home" to us every night.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I will be working a little here and there, but otherwise we're tidying the house, learning a lot and doing little things to keep little boys happy while Daddy is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...