Thursday, November 11, 2010

Early November Daybook

Outside my window... It is cold and crisp and we're waiting on a bit of much needed rain.


I am listening to... Casting Crowns. I'm so not the girl who longs to listen to Christmas Carols all year, but I felt the need to start early this year for some reason. Christmas music it is.


I am wearing... Layers. Lots of layers. Still having furnace wars with friends- you know- who can go the longest without turning the heat on? You're allowed to have the heat on if a baby comes to visit or if it snows. :) Whoever lasts the longest is the winner.


I am thankful for...

The chance to just stay home every day all week long, even though I worked

Ezra's morning cuddling
a few of the most beautiful words I've ever heard "I cleaned my room just for you"
the hard work of my husband

flowers on the table in November


I am thinking... about a friend's words: "We ask God to teach us to be patient or to trust Him but then we get mad when life suddenly gets difficult- isn't it just God giving you opporunities to be patient and trust Him?"


I am reading... The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (almost done!), a few knitting books stcked up on the night stand, and continuing our family read-aloud of Peter Pan.


I am creating... Christmas gifts and Bible study plans in the evening hours, lesson plans in the early morning.


Always learning... We finished up our study of Asia and we started reading about Australia this week.


Around the house... we were finally able to replace some very leaky windows last weekend and the difference in our heating is already tremendous. Now to replace the trim on the doors, re-paint . . .


I am planning... for Advent. I'm very much looking forward to the season.


Towards a growing faith... Brian and I are continuing our reading in the New Testament, still in Matthew. I'm reading more John Piper on my own.


I am praying... for my boys. Always for my boys.


One of my favorite things... desert for breakfast. Mmmmm...


A few plans for the rest of the week... finishing out the week in the studio, working on the house, and hopefully lots of artwork and knitting time this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...