Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Week Daybook

Outside my window... We spent the weekend outside cleaning up leaves and sticks, so the yard is looking great even if the sky is gray for the 5th day in a row.


I am listening to... Chris Tomlin. I love his voice.


I am wearing... Jeans, a long sleeve tee-shirt and cardigan, and knee socks. It's a cold morning!


I am thankful for...

Extra sleep just when I need it most

Christmas projects done early

Fresh advent candles ready for Sunday

Time off from work all this week


I am thinking... about the food article in Christianity Today this month.


I am reading... Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson, the continual parade of knitting books stacked up on the night stand, and continuing our family read-aloud of Peter Pan.


I am creating... Christmas gifts and Bible study plans in the evening hours, lesson plans in the early morning.


Always learning... This week it's all about Thanksgiving and a little introduction to the pilgrims. Since I have the chance to be home all day this week we have a lot of projects planned. :)

Around the house... I'm working on the closets that seem to get out of hand every 4 or 5 months.


I am planning... for Advent. I'm very much looking forward to the season.


Towards a growing faith... Brian and I are continuing our reading in the New Testament, still in Matthew. I'm reading more John Piper on my own.


I am praying... for friends with a big decision to make.

One of my favorite things... early morning quiet.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Lots of time with my boys, time to cook dinner every night this week, spending the holiday with our families over the long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...