Monday, January 3, 2011

First Daybook of 2011

Outside my window... The last few weeks have been defined by being cold and gray. We've only had the tiniest dusting of snow so far this season, and nothing on the ground right now.


I am listening to... Chris Tomlin's Awakening. The title song was included in the worship set we played at church yesterday and I can't get it out of my mind. I got to play the most gorgeous violin line . . .


I am wearing... a long red linen skirt, black long sleeve t-shirt, and knee socks. Trying to stay warm!

I am thankful for...

A return to regular days after the busy-ness of the season.

One of the most blessed Advent seasons we have enjoyed as a family.

starting the year with a clean and functional entry closet (and bedroom closets as well!)

Ezra, who makes me see life through the eyes of a 3-year-old
 
Ender, who really needs to start his day with lots of cuddles
 
My husband, who is back to work full time today after a few months of contracting!


I am thinking... about goals for this year- tasks to conquer, habits to learn, education and habit-training goals for the boys, new projects to attempt . . . my brain is very full.


I am reading... The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, The Capture with the boys, and getting ready to start a new-to-me John Piper but haven't decided which one yet.
 
 
I am creating... essays. Lots of writing going on over here. I am knitting still of course, but it's a little slower going. Current projects include the Poet's Pullover with mods [Rav link], and vanilla socks for Brian.


Always learning... Today is our first day of "back to normal"- basics always, but we'll finish up our reading about Antarctica and get to work on Europe next week.

Around the house... Maintenance is the codeword around here. After two weeks of both of us being off work the house is in fine shape- now to keep it that way...
 

I am planning... the rest of this semester. Almost done!

Towards a growing faith... Brian and I are continuing our reading in the New Testament in the beginning of Mark now. My own reading is in I Thessalonians.

I am praying... for my husband's cousin, who lost her sister to a stroke at the very young age of 42 on New Year's Eve.
 

One of my favorite things... Ezra sneaking into our bed for cuddles at 5 a.m.


A few plans for the next week... Getting back into the usual routine (but with a few tweaks), a trip to the library, hopefully finishing up those socks for my husband.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...