Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Knitting Along

{Knitting along with Ginny again this week}


Ladies and gents, the March sock is so not done. I did get it knit up to the heel turn, but that is going to have to wait until I'm finished with the recital on Sunday. I'm teaching late every night, and then spending the rest of the evening trying to finalize the program, entering compositions into Finale, and taking care of the gazillions of details that go into planning a program with 52 participants and all their family and friends. So, March sock? Let's aim for April 15th. There's only about 6 more hours in that sock (maybe?) but it sadly has to wait.


And a question for you sock knitters- how many hours would it take you to finish a sock like this? A pretty average lace pattern, tiny cable on either side of the lace, stockinette otherwise, minimal ribbing at the top... It seems like I've been knitting this sock forever, but I really only have about 4 hours total in it aside from getting the toe started. Perhaps it's just second sock syndrome catching up to me...


I just finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and while I like to read non-fiction, this was very different. It almost felt like a novel in the way it was told and I couldn't put it down. I know that added to my unfinished sock (though I did read while I knit) but this story- heartbreaking in so many ways, elating in so many ways... you simply must read it. This may end up being the best book I'll read this year.

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely finish the second sock! April is a good due date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock may not be done, but what is, is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...