Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarning along with Ginny again...




Yes, it's a giant stack of books this week. Is it bad that that's not even half of the stack at my bedside?


Somewhere in the last four-ish months I fell back into the habit of reading multiple books at once. I'm not sure if I think it's a bad idea to do so or not, but it's working for me lately. There are the knitting books, the fiction, the homeschooling, the sewing, and the books to assuage my general geekiness... and a few picture books I've been sharing with the boys before bed.


I'm so close to the end of the Red Pyramid I think I'll finish it in my next chance to read, and then fully into Hunger Games, which I have long heard about and had on my To Read list forEVER.


I finished The Well-Trained Mind and now that I've had a bit of a chance to process and think about it there are a few things we are going to try this fall. I was surprised to find so much similarity to Charlotte Mason, so I think there will be a happy balance there.


And John Adams... I think I am about 1/4th through. It's nice to have a read that I can just soak up a bit at a time.




And the knit is Omelet [Rav link] in Knitpicks Gloss Lace, which I'm really loving! It's my first time working with this yarn and it has really been lovely to work with. I just started the third repeat of chart B last night, and I'm hoping to finish the B chart repeats by next week.

The yellow is still doing wonders for my mood. Do you have a favorite color to knit with? I've always been partial to purples, but I'm certainly in a yellow mood lately.

12 comments:

  1. I would like to try knitting in yellow someday ... nothing for myself, as I don't look good in yellow, so it would be a gift. :)

    Enjoy The Hunger Games! Quite a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. Knitty is a great site. I have found lots of lovely things there. I try really hard not to read multiple books, but like craft, sometimes it is hard not too. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Omelet will be gorgeous ... I like KP's gloss but hadn't tried their lace weight yet. Nice, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice bright, cheery color!! I love to knit with pinks (although I don't usually tend to favor pink) but it always brightens my mood when it's on the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting looks beautiful. I also have too many books going on at once, but I don't think that will ever change.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting with the color green makes me happy. It's my favorite color.

    That's a great pattern and I love your yarn choice.

    I have The Hunger Games on my "to-read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl is fantastic! I love the yellow.

    How have you enjoyed the Red Pyramid? I was thinking of checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love that yellow. :) I've been working mainly with softer shades of all colors lately, but I find that I use greens a lot. I suppose I'm seeking for calm. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Omelet is gorgeous! I'd love to make one but I'd probably get bored of all that lace about half-way in. :) Beautiful yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omelet... in yellow! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is so beautiful! I need to put that in my queue. I think yellow is a nice happy color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw these on ravelry today and thought of you.
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lulu-socks

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...