Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yarn Along: More Baby Knits

{Yarning Along with Ginny again this week...}




My little Stella Pixie Hat from last week just needs a bit of sewing and then it's finished. I don't know why I put off the sewing bits, but I'll get it done in the car this weekend as we head around town to family things. I don't know why I worried that it would turn out too big, but I think it turned out perfectly for a newborn to wear home from the hospital.


Next up are some baby socks to match the hat, which I'm sure I will also start in the car this weekend if not during rehearsal on Thursday.


And my real knitting concern has been with trying to find the perfect coming home cardigan to knit for baby. We are planning to find out the gender at our next ultrasound if possible and that will help me decide greatly. I'm pretty sure it will be the Jasper Diamond Hoodie in a beautiful grey if baby is a boy, and if baby is a girl? I'm undecided. There are so many gorgeous baby girl knits that I just can't settle on anything. I'm used to knitting for my boys and having less than 10 patterns to really choose from.


I'm still reading the Autobiography of Henry VIII, but very slowly as I've been falling asleep early all week (and practically slept Saturday away...). The Hunger Games arrived this week from the library and I'm planning a re-read of that trilogy before the movie is released in the spring. So I'll either jump in and read Hunger Games over a few days (probably in the car this weekend- I can't even begin to say how many family things we have going on this weekend and next since the last of my brothers is getting married this month!) or read the Henry VIII book in a  hurry so that I can move on to the Hunger Games.


I'm sure I'll be back with more baby knits next week, though my gender-neutral list is pitifully small. Not long now 'til we find out what this little one is!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet your baby hat looks and I know it will look even sweeter on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love baby knits. can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not your usual newborn hat, is it? It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...