Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Red Yarn Along



{Yarning along with Ginny
to share the current project on the needles and the books we are reading.}











It is so very hard to get great pictures right now- between frigid temps and gloomy days outside and the baby wanting to be everywhere the camera is, it just hasn't made for great knitting photography these past few weeks.


This knit is Annis by Susanna IC and was remarkably fast to knit. I got through the 18 rows of lace work in about 3 evenings and then those short rows were so quick and easy that I found myself saying, "just one more". I started it in my cast-on frenzy right after Christmas and worked the bind off on January 3.


She still needs a really good blocking, which I'm hoping to get to this weekend, and then she will be wonderfully and officially done. And hopefully some better pictures of her too.


We started reading Ramona the Pest on Monday- it's such a scream! It was one of my favorite books as a little girl (in fact we're reading from that same tremendously abused copy) but I haven't read it in probably 20 years. The boys are enjoying it so far.


What are you knitting/making/reading this week?

7 comments:

  1. I loved the Ramona series as a kid! I should re-read them - thanks for the reminder! Your shawl is a gorgeous shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the picture quality, it looks beautiful and I love the color. I love Ramona books, I need to read them to my daughter, I don't think we have yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love that kind of knitting "just one more row"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and it turned out beautifully. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it.

    Sandra
    tea and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, forgot to answer your question...yes, I used leftover yarn for the ripple afghan but also bought a few extra skeins for added colour variety.

    Thanks,
    Sandra
    tea and simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous! I'm really drawn to red at the moment, maybe it's the gloom of winter. And I loved Ramona as a girl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramona the Pest is hilarious although I would never want to be Beezus. Love that red! Your knit is absolutely beautiful!
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...