Friday, March 22, 2013

This Week


I mentioned in posts earlier this week that the kids have been sick for the last two weeks and this eek we've been enjoying some good health. Unfortunately it's no longer true. Ellie and Ezra have been sick again for the last few days and I got dragged into it last night as well. Add to this another snow storm expected over  the weekend and the word on my mind is STOP. No more sickies, no more snow. It has all been enough!


On the Needles... 

I shared my most recent finished objects on Wednesday- Baby Vertebrae and Little Scapulae, both for Ellie. I'm still working on the February Baby Sweater for the little niece we are expecting in May/June. I also have my Yearly Socks still going as well as my Shapely Boyfriend Sweater still awaiting 2 sleeves. I'm starting to think the problem with those sleeves is that the project is too large to be portable now and that keeps me from working forward. I'm considering reverse engineering the sleeves and knitting them away from the body and then attaching with a 3 needle bind off.


I read...

I picked up several juvenile novels at the library last week to begin pre-reading for next school year's read alongs. Hatchet made it into my bag, which I haven't read since about 5th grade and now I remember why it's an older elementary read. I also have My side of the Mountain and Julie of the Wolves waiting for me.


Learning all the time… 

I'm prepping for next year already. We start our school year in July and school more or less year round. I like to have everything set and ready to go by May. A great tool for me in planning has been Half A Hundred Acre Wood, which has an excellent collection of supplemental materials to Classical Conversations.


Inspiration...

I've been adding tutorials to my Knitting and Spinning Pinterest board over the last few weeks.

I'm also thinking about the Kids Clothes Week at the end of April- a week earlier and I wouldn't be working... but maybe I can still participate?


Watching (Spoiler Free, of course...)

Doctor Who again, starting with the David Tennant episodes. 10 is my favorite Doctor. :)


This weekend...

We are staying home- between illness and snowstorm, no sense in attempting anything else.

And one more quick little thing... Google Reader is going away soon. I've moved all of my favorites over to Bloglovin. Join me there? Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...