Saturday, April 20, 2013

This Week


I'd love to say that this has been a smooth and relaxing week, and it truly did start out that way. But since Monday afternoon Boston has been weighing heavy on my heart and I've had to very actively shut out information for periods of time.

We were able to go on a few field trips this week, catch up on the house (and laundry!) and I even got back to my sewing machine a little bit in the evenings. 


On the Needles... 

I've been ignoring the newest knit- partly because of the issues I've been having with it and partly because I've been spending my project time sewing. I do need to weave ends on a baby gift in the next few days and knit a little companion hat.


I read...

So many news stories it's ridiculous. Ender read The Bears on Hemlock Mountain in just 2 sittings. He's getting to be such a fast reader now and needing more material. I spent a little time making him a new book list this week.


Learning all the time…

We are in "finish up" mode. We're close to the end of all of our "dailies" (like Explode the Code, Handwriting without Tears and math workbooks) and I told the boys that they can have a break from most of school (except from math because I'm that mean mom) until July as soon as they finish up- the timeline is up to them. IF they continue forward as planned they'll finish around Memorial Day. Ender has big plans to attempt to be finished in just 2 weeks.We still have history to read, but any time now spring will actually show up and we'll switch over to a big science block to put in the garden and work out there.



Inspiration...




I'm planning to spend at least 1 hour a day on Kids Clothes Week making a few things for Ellie. I already started in the last day or so, but the KCW project officially starts on Monday. Will you join us?


Watching (Spoiler Free, of course...)

I've mostly been tuned to the news once my kids are in bed, but I've also been watching the current season of Project Runway (I'm a little behind, so no spoilers please!) to relax my brain a bit. It's been interesting to see relationships develop between designers so differently this season due to the teams. I think I'm down to 2 more episodes to be completely caught up.


Garden...

We are waiting.

And waiting.

It is so cold at night still and most of the week has been a torrential downpour. I think next week we will build a few boxes for raised beds, and I'm really hoping to be able to plant some in early May.


In Stitches...

I actually touched my machine this past week! I didn't forget how to do anything (which was a surprise) and I made a little dress. Of course, I had to rip out a few times because I made silly errors, but over all not a bad first run back at the machine. Ellie got a "slightly off but still very wearable" dress out of the deal and I learned how to make a pattern so that I can make her several spring/summer dresses.


This weekend...

A Soccer game and a baseball practice, time with my sewing machine in the evenings and lots of time with the baby and my not-so-little-anymore boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...