Friday, May 24, 2013

This Week


This past week was our first week of "summer break"- the kind where I'm not working at all and we're figuring out a different groove for the summer months. We get about a month to get used to the schedule before I start teaching the summer session (which is tremendously lighter than the school year) and by then we usually know what's going on. This week we worked on catching up the house and laundry so that we can get along with the business of summer.



On the Needles...

Finishing the purple socks, and swatching for a few things to decide what to take for travel knitting. 



I read...

I've been working on our next set of school plans for the last few weeks so I've mostly been immersed in The Well Trained Mind. I started Son by Lois Lowry last night.



Learning all the time…

We're in "grid mode" for school right now along with keeping up on reading and math for the summer months. The grid is 5x5, and in each box is an activity based around a schooly area- reading, geography, science, etc.



Watching (Spoiler Free, of course...)

I finished the last 2 episodes of this season's Doctor Who, and !!!!!! I saved this whole season on the DVR and plan to re-watch over the summer, and probably again just before the next episodes come out. I keep trying to talk Brian into watching Doctor Who with me and he made it up to the second episode of David Tennant before stalling out. I really need someone to discuss episodes with!



Listening...

As always, I listened to the most recent episode for the lovely Knitmoregirls, and I also caught up on the last several episodes of cogKNITive. I took my first listens of the SpinDoctor podcast and really enjoyed it



Garden...

I've planted a LOT of flowers and pulled out a LOT of dead things. The space is tilled for the vegetable garden, but I haven't had the chance to plant out there yet. I will get going on that shortly.



In Stitches...

A funny thing happened last week. My mom quilts professionally and got swamped with so much long-arm work that she passed on a project to me to finish! She had been making pajamas for my kids and got all the way to the hemming before deciding she'd have to put them away for the time being so that she could get her paid work completed. I guess my boys asked so frequently about when they would be finished that she gave them to me to take care of since she can't get to them probably until August. And by then my boys will have asked her a MILLION times if they were done yet.

This is why I rarely tell them before I make something for them- they will harass you for ages to finish. They want their handmades and they want them now!



I didn't get to...

I think I can say that I got all the necessities crossed off my list for this week. YAY! That so rarely happens, but now we are ready to get properly started on summer.



This weekend...

I'm afraid my brain is stuck on sun and sand. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...