Friday, June 28, 2013

This Week


This is the last week of baseball. Three more games over the weekend and 2 team parties will finish the season out nicely. I'm so thankful for great coaches and the parents who have all been awesome at remembering that these kids are just kids looking to have a fun time and play some ball. 


On the Needles...

I finished the Boneyard Shawl last night and I'm hoping to get a moment to gently block it over the weekend, but that may be wishful thinking- Monday is far more likely I think. I picked up the Spring Cardigan I cast on for Ellie a few weeks ago and after a bit of thinking ripped back the 2 inches on the needles and started again. I have a much firmer idea of what direction I want it to go, and now I'm happy with this start.

Also on the needles but out of active rotation are the Grey and Coral socks. I'll get back to them when I'm in need of some mindless knitting.


I read...

I mentioned on Wednesday that I'm close to finishing Game of Thrones- since Wednesday I'm no closer to the end. Hopefully I will finish it this weekend and then on to Ready Player One.


Just Keep Spinning…

I pulled out my spindle yesterday and got everything ready for Tour de Fleece. My goal is small: to spin 15 minutes a day on every day the cyclists ride. I can spin longer if I'd like, but 15 minutes is the minimum. Ender and I were talking about the Tour yesterday and I suggested that he might work on his knitting for 15 minutes each day while I spin. He told me he'd think about it, but I haven't heard back. :)


Learning all the time…

The boys took a full week off from everything except for free reading. No math, no phonics... and they were very happy. I've decided we're going to continue to school very lightly through July and then really start in August. They've been really faithful in the small amount of school work I've asked them to do through the month of June and this current schedule is really suiting our summer lives.


Watching (Spoiler Free, of course...)

We are watching through Big Bang Theory from the beginning again and this time Brian is making a game of noticing all the things Sheldon does that are not quite in keeping with his character. We've also been watching all the extras for each season (cast and creator interviews, gag reels, "making of" specials, etc.) because we're geeks like that.

On a slightly related note, at one of our favorite take-out places the folks there refer to my husband as "the Bazinga guy" because Brian apparently wears his "Bazinga" shirt pretty much every time we happen to get take-out there.


Listening...

I've mostly been trying to catch up on some of my knitting podcasts, but I'm still woefully behind. I loaded my Ipod last night so that I can listen during a marathon cleaning session I have planned for the baby's naptime.


Garden...

With the crazy thunderstorms we've had lately, the plants are looking a bit battered, but I haven't lost anything beyond the strawberries yet. I'm hoping to get the strawberry transplants from my mom very soon.


In Stitches...

I have a giant pile of cut fabric on my dining table and can now move on to actually putting some things together. The boys are mostly excited because the pile includes a pair of pajamas for each of them that they have been long begging for.


This weekend...

3 baseball games, 2 team parties, Maker Faire, and the church picnic- aka our last weekend of "crazy" for the summer. After this there are plans for camping, going to see family, and maybe sleeping in if I can talk the baby in to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...