Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In the Garden

















We're up to 13 cucumbers in the last few days- not quite enough to can pickles, but maybe enough to make some to keep in the fridge. The boys are eager to try making our own pickles. I'm thinking next year we need 4 or 5 plants instead of 2 to give it a really good shot.

Ellie is doing a great job helping us pick things out of the garden, but still picking some things a little too early. If I can get her to stop eating the tomatoes as she picks them I might end up with enough grape tomatoes to roast.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the jalapenos- maybe I'll just slice them and freeze them to use later? Roast and then freeze? Pickle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...