Wednesday, December 4, 2013

21 Days


{Yarning Along with Ginny today. Will you join us?}


Maybe you didn't need a reminder, but there are 21 days until Christmas.


I'm ready with everything but handmades. I didn't promise the boys sweaters for Christmas (even though I did plan for them to be Christmas gifts), but I did promise them in time to actually wear through this winter. Ender's sweater is taking shape- 2 long black sleeves and about 4 inches of body. Ezra's has yet to be cast on. Maybe they will be finished by mid-January while we have plenty of cold days left in the season?





I had to put them aside temporarily in favor of Christmas knits. I'm aiming for a knit hat for each kid, and a new sewn stocking for each of us. There are also Ezra's mittens on the needles, and Ender asked for another pair as well out of the fiber he picked out that I finished over this past weekend. Right now it is Ezra's hat on the needles: Wurm by Katharina Nopp. I've seen this hat just about everywhere amongst knitters online and it is such an Ezra hat. I hope he likes it as much as I think he will.


I'm using magic loop for this hat. I haven't been a fan of this particular technique in the past, but it's growing on me for hat knitting. We'll see if I like it as much by the end of the project. I cast on on Sunday so it's going fast enough with as little knitting time as I've had in the past 48 hours, but it does continue to grow and hopefully I'll be one hat down by the end of the week, 2 more to go.


Now to decide on a hat pattern for the baby and another for the big brother. Suggestions welcome.


Ann Voskamp's The Greatest Gift has been such a lovely addition to my advent preparations. In the past I've focused so much on Advent readings and activities for the kids that I haven't had something to read myself and this has been great. Fairly short readings that fit in even on the busiest days and, of course, Ann Voskamp's inspiring writing. The boys and I are also reading Jotham's Journey by Arnold Ytreeide this Advent season.

10 comments:

  1. I like your doable knitting gifts for the kids. I wish I could recommend a hat...wait, how about barley? From tincanknits it was easy fast and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Wurm hat on my needles too :) Good luck with your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right that hat is everywhere! i'm knitting it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in denial it's 21 days until Christmas ;) Your hat looks cute, nice pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 21 days...really? Oh boy! I'm knitting a Noro hat...similar in style to the worm. Fun knit indeed.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat looks great... as for the number of days till Christmas, I'm with Evelyn... my fingers are firmly in my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many people love that worm hat. I think I may cast on one for myself. And even more people are reading that book - y'all made me download it this afternoon so I didn't feel left out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you have a lot of projects planned :) good luck with your christmas knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the free pattern "Basic Newborn Hat in 3ply" on Ravelry - it turned out well, and I used a self-striping sock yarn that made it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun with all your projects! Christmas knitting is always so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...