Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lime Green Churn Dash Quilt






I've had this lime green, black & white layer cake fabric for awhile and when I saw the Churn Dash pattern I knew this was the pattern to use for it. I'm not generally a lime green person but I do like it a lot. I am sure a grandchild will love to own it.


The tutorial is very fast and interesting- you take two 10" squares and sew around the outside edges on all four sides. Then you cut diagonally and re-sew it. It's cut again in thirds, resewn and you have one 12" finished block. The amazing part is that the center pinwheel makes itself- no small pieces to cut and sew together! The full instructions for this construction can be found in a video tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company. My quilt group liked this pattern and method so much that I am teaching them how to do it. To make this a twin size quilt I did add white, lime green and black fabric for a border, but the blocks were all made from the layer cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...