Friday, February 21, 2014

Wool applique on flannel





My version of Evelyn's Album -a 2012 BOW (block of the week)  from Primitive Gatherings by Lisa Bongean.



This is wool applique on a flannel background. It was quite the feat to keep up with one block a week over the summer. I work best with a deadline but another one come in the mail EACH WEEK. Wool applique is faster than needle turn applique mainly because the prep time is quicker, cut it out and use "steam a seam 2" to iron it on and then I blanket stitch it down on the edges. The down side is wool costs more than cotton. 




This is the long arm quilting I chose to do on this quilt. It seems similar to McTavishing which is another style. So fun! I'm pretty sure you could do this on a regular sewing machine.While I sew I think straight lines, then curve and circles and try to think about keeping the spacing about an inch apart.... and just go for it! This was my first attempt and I think it is pretty original looking. I hope to use it again.


- Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...