Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just a Toe



Ah... the Spring WILL Come socks! These have been a perfect quick project for what is hopefully our last big snow of the year. I never thought I'd call socks a quick knit, but I'll have finished this pair in 7 days I think- which I'm certain is a record for me.


My husband teased that I should call them my Therapy Socks. All the medical testing I'm going through is starting to get to me, I think because we're closing in on 3 full months of testing and appointments with no real news. I've been in a weird mental place since the lab draw last week. I had the draw on Wednesday, cast on the socks Thursday and I just keep knitting, knitting, knitting... and trying to stay quiet and listen for what I need to know right now. And maybe what I don't need to know- listening for peace I suppose.




{Baby toes next to my sock that just needs a toe... oh, my baby has a sense of humor!}


I thought I'd make it through the toe last night, but I taught late and a warm bath and a book won out over the knitting. I really do just need about 3 cm and then I'm to the toe decreases and it will fly off the needles. Maybe tonight?


I just started Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book last night- The Amazing Thing About the Way it Goes. One essay was all I could manage before tucking in, but I so enjoy her perspective on life- not just as a knitter. 


{What are you reading and knitting this week?}

3 comments:

  1. Erin, thank you so much for the book recommendation. I had forgotten Stephanie's book was out this week. I just popped over to Amazon and downloaded it for my Kindle. I would like a hard copy, but they are out of stock so that will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, I'm reading almost exclusively on the kindle these days, something I *never* thought I'd do. But the back light on it makes it so I can read after my husband is in bed without disturbing him, and if a book is on the kindle I can read while I knit since I don't have to hold the book open. :) I pre-ordered the kindle copy of Stephanie's book and it just appeared yesterday morning when the book was officially released. I *LOVE* that!

      Delete
  2. no news is good news :) love the therapy socks and maybe you'll have answers when they are done? or maybe after the next pair are completed :) Either way you've got a great pair of socks!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...