Sunday, April 22, 2012

Middle




{Flowers from my boys}



I'm back, but no baby yet. I've had several times this past week where I found myself timing contractions and thinking it was actually regular enough to make a call. And every time I'd get ready to make that call all the action would stop dead.



And now for two full days there has been nothing but her poking me every hour or so as if to say,



Just Kidding.



This little girl is proving herself fiesty.



My attention has been taken with finishing up work for the semester (and on to maternity leave now!) and being as present as I can be with my boys. One little guy is ready for the day to "just get here already!"



The other has been quietly worrying about his place.

On one hand he is very proud that he is the only one in the family to have the special position of being both a little brother and a big brother.

On the other hand he won't be the "little one" anymore and he's very aware of that fact.




Lots of time with mom and dad has helped his happiness meter, but he still snuggles in and says things like, "I'm not little anymore" and "Can you still always hold me?"

And my favorite: "Will you always love me a million cows? Because I love you a million cows."

And that's the highest honor with this little boy.


Because in his opinion cows are the best animal in the world.

I always tell him I love him a hundred million cows (because that's the highest number he can think of) in the hopes that he knows I love him ever so much more than that.





{And more flowers from my boys... I don't think I will ever get over my boys bringing me lovely things from outside.}

2 comments:

  1. I love that your little boy loves you a million cows...and that they bring you flowers.
    Hope your little girl makes an appearance soon as I know you can't wait to meet here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for sure that your baby was going to make a grand entrance this past week.....well maybe next week? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...