Friday, July 19, 2013

This Week



This week was focused mostly on school. We worked on a re-do/organizing of the school room, I ordered most of our books for the year and have been spending free time setting up our schedule for the next several months. I had to tell the boys to keep their paws off all the new books for just a little bit longer until we start school


On the Needles...

My Doctor Who Kernel (which hopefully will make it beyond cast on this weekend) and Ellie's Stripey Cardigan. I won't be knitting a lot this weekend, because of finishing up with Tour de Fleece, but maybe a little bit of progress.


I read...

Ready Player One and working my way through the Spinners book of Yarn Designs


Just Keep Spinning…

I'm working in little bits on plying all my singles. It really stresses my left elbow for some reason, so I can only ply for short time periods before I lose feeling in my fingers. I'm trying to use my right hand a lot more, but it's still awkward, so plying is slow moving right now.


Learning all the time…

This month we are *off* from school so that I can get organized and we can start again in August. I'm about half way ready, and hopefully come August 5th I'll be all the way ready.


Garden...

It looks like we will soon have a few jalepenos to pick and some pickling cucumbers also. We have never made pickles before much less grown our own, so we're all pretty excited about how great they are looking. Tomatoes are popping up, but none ready to pick quite yet.


I didn't get to...

Sadly, Kids Clothes Week. I have 2 patterns cut out, but have only made it to the machine once this week and didn't accomplish much while I was there. This week just turned out to be a LOT busier than I had anticipated. I haven't even had my usual knitting time available, so sneaking sewing time in this week just hasn't happened.



This weekend...

Family will be in town, so we're planning on a lot of fun with cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...