Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Little Bit of Purple









Don't these purple sashing strips for a t-shirt quilt look awesome all cut and labeled and ready to go? I sewed the strips onto the prepared t-shirt quilt blocks and finished everything up- 72" x 52". Such a sense of accomplishment!






Just imagine the whole thing finished, purple sashing sewn on to all the squares...






And now you might notice a little problem. Where is all the purple sashing? Well, I misread the order. I made it mostly purple with a little black trim, instead of the other way around. ARGH! So.... I spent a whole day ripping and re-sewing (Never fun. NEVER FUN!)



If it had been a t-shirt quilt for me I would have decided to love it just as it was, but being a customer quilt I needed to rip it all out and re-sew. It DOES look very good as ordered, all BLACK with a little bit of PURPLE.






These little hearts appliqued onto black fabric is one detail I really love on this quilt. It is a great way to add small t-shirt art work into the quilt and make the quilt even a little more special.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry you had to do all the ripping, but that is a really cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...