Friday, March 28, 2014

Fluffy Mail







I'm not sure exactly when it started, but a long while ago my boys started referring to yarn and fabric mail arrivals as "fluffy mail". I don't know if it's the squishy feeling package or the fact that the contents are often actually fluffy, but the name stuck and now we all look forward to fluffy mail.


I ordered from Hawthorne Threads on Monday morning (after winter mocked us AGAIN) and my much needed spring sewing fabric arrived yesterday.


The boys each picked out fabric for some new pajama pants:




Hoot Main fabric for Ezra- "I'm picking it because it's pretty much a whole zoo" he said.


Ender agonized over choosing between the whales and the jelly fish. He ultimately went with the whales, but I went ahead and added the jelly fish fabric to the cart as a little surprise.



And of course there are a few things in here for Miss Ellie too:




Pink and purple for spring/summer dresses, and the grey chambray for a skirt or two for this next fall. I'm hoping the spring and summer dresses will carry into fall as well layered over a long sleeve t-shirt and leggings.




I particularly adore this Joel Dewberry fabric with the beautiful white swallows. Now to decide precisely what to make! There are so many adorable girl patterns out there, but I particularly love patterns that can be used over and over again. I've been adding tutorials and patterns to my pinterest board for little girl sewing, but haven't made final decisions yet. I need to work on that for sure this weekend if I'm going to have patterns in time for the next Kids Clothes Week.


Our weather isn't looking up yet- so I'm going to cut and sew this afternoon while the boys are off doing boy things and Ellie naps. I'm sure I can force spring to appear with sheer willpower, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...