Monday, June 2, 2014

Midnight Fiber and Fabric Podcast, Episode 11: Inspiration





Two weeks ago we ran away from home for a vacation. I took a lot of yarn and worked on my mom's socks and my berry socks. I took more than that, including some handspun dyed by Nerd Girl Yarns (and purchased at Maker Faire) I also took yarn for the Nutkin sock pattern and the baby hat I've been working on.





I talk a little bit about making project bags and why I didn't take my Citron. I finished my 3rd bobbin of merino and I'm ready to work on plying.

Inspiration is the word of the day and I talk about how it strikes and how creative folks have to work at it daily instead of waiting for inspiration to strike.


We talk about 5 Inspiring Patterns:

Snowflake Fingerless Gloves   ::   Braid Hills   ::   Regenerate   ::   Hiro   ::   Starry Starry Night Socks


We talk about refreshing our art area with new paints, clay and canvas. I'm also exploring embroidery.


I mention a recent Circe podcast abut using your summer hours productively, the Coletterie blog's series The Wardrobe Architect, and The Art of Simple Podcast.


Join us on Team Sasquatch for Tour de Fleece!


:       :       :


You can join in on the podcast conversation on:








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article. I found some excellent fabrics from Spandex Collection in NYC near me which was a nice weight, not too beefy.I hope you would also like those fabrics.
    Stretch Sequins
    Glitter Stone
    Designers Lace
    Stretch Lace
    Printed Spandex

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...