Friday, June 6, 2014

Spin Share







I'm so happy to have finished spinning these merino singles. They are not my best, but they show my progress forward as I've gained more use in my left hand. These are special singles- growth and progress wrapped up  in a little bit of fiber.


You can see a lot of flaws if you look close. Some of it is over twisted, some of it is under, but the second bobbin is better than the first, and the third is better than that.






Three plying for the first time was not as difficult as I expected it to be. I did need to go slower, but I'm happy with how it turned out this first time. It is roughly a sport weight as of right now, but it still needs a wash and dry to see how the skein really turns out. I also need to ply the rest of the singles- hopefully sometime this weekend.






Have you been spinning this week? 

Share a link to your spinning progress in comments so that we can come visit your beautiful work!

2 comments:

  1. I have not been spinning at all, sadly. I have a lot of knitting that needs to be done beforehand. I also have a ton of fleece to card! Your yarn came out great. I'm curious to see how much it puffs up after a soak. And that's the beauty of hand spun - the little flaws that make it unique:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't spin so I'm just going to be your cheerleader! I think your spinning looks great and it will all look lovely in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...