Friday, November 6, 2009

7 Quick Takes

7_quick_takes_sm



 



If you'd like to see more quick takes, go visit Jen.

 



~1~


Only seven weeks until Christmas now! I never used to care- Superman and I were always kind of ambivalent about gift giving, but with kids around I get almost more excited than they do. I'm making several things for Christmas this year so I'm trying to be ahead of the game to get everything done in time.

 



~2~


This weekend is my first big sewing weekend dedicated to Christmas gifts. I cut out Christmas stockings awhile back but never got to sew them so I'm working on those first, followed by Superman's gift and finishing a quilt top for Ender and another for Ezra so I can get those off to be machine quilted.

 



~3~


I saw this tute for stackable Christmas trees quite awhile ago and immediately saved it to my "future project" folder. They are so cute, and I *know* I have enough scraps to make these!

 



~4~


I mentioned in my November links list that I was planning to make superhero capes for the boys. We have an awful lot of "Saving the Day!" going on around here lately.

And remember the button turkeys from that post? I'm planning on some Christmas buttoning activities too- maybe a Christmas Tree or a snowman?

 



~5~


One of the projects on my "if I have time" list is this cute yo-yo garland that I bookmarked last year. If I find myself ahead of schedule sewing-wise after Thanksgiving that garland will be calling my name!

 



~6~


Need Some advent ideas? Sarah has a few lovely posts about her Advent planning.

 



~7~


I come from a family with no holiday traditions-seriously, absolutely zero. Superman's family only has the tradition of opening gifts on Christmas eve instead of Christmas day.

When Ender was born we really wanted to think about creating some traditions for the family, and so far our Christmas traditions include decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, spending Christmas Eve with Superman's family and coming home to open up a package of Christmas pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. This year will be the first talking about Advent with the boys. Does your family have traditions for Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I make the same meal for Christmas Eve that my grandmother made for us when I was a child.

    After dinner, kids open matching pajamas for bed.

    After opening presents, my husband makes a huge breakfast and we hang out all morning before heading to noon mass then my inlaws.

    New Year's Eve we make a gingerbread house and I let the kids decorate it. They get to eat it New Year's morning.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...