Monday, February 8, 2010

This Week

:: Our family is playing "secret valentine". We're trying to find loving things to do for the people in our family without that person seeing what we're up to.


 

:: We're making valentines for our out-of-town family. I think water colors or tempras might be the tool of the day.


 

:: This sounds and looks amazing. It's on our list for Saturday's cooking schedule.


 

:: We're choosing from Valentine's Day projects at the Crafty Crow- whatever strikes us as interesting that day!


 

:: As I'm learning more about quilting I'm learning a ton about using color. I'm a simple gal when it comes to color and I tend toward the same colors again and again. One of the things I've been trying to do in the last few months is to branch out to other color families and extend the palette of colors I draw on. I really love the color combo in this quilt from Oh Fransson! So not something I would have combined on my own, but I really love how it works and it has given me some interesting ideas for a future project. I've been sketching. :)


 

:: We will be welcoming a new cousin this week! He was due awhile ago and his mother (my sister K) is VERY ready to meet him. Her doctor isn't willing to let her go any longer overdue so K is being induced tonight. We're praying for good health and a manageable labor for her first child. Hopefully there will be yummy baby pictures in this space soon!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes on the new little one!!!

    As to color, I have been trying to broaden my horizons too with my knitting. DD likes bright colors while I usually lean toward "subtle". (She'd call it drab!) I'm enjoying the change...though I'm not convinced yet! One thing though is my change to white hair. This certainly affects what colors look best on me.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...